Christmas time is the most loved part of the whole year for most of people. The holiday season brings to us tones of gifts and a much more positive attitude. That is the reason why if you think to have your wedding celebration at Christmas time it can be the best idea. It is the best time to get married. And every year you will have the best holidays because you get to celebrate Christmas and your anniversary. You will practically include Christmas in your personal family life history forever.
Mixing holidays it is always been a great success. So use Christmas ideas to make your wedding unforgettable. They should be very easy to put together because all of us used Christmas decorations.
Here are some Christmas decorations ideas that will go great with your winter holiday wedding.
Make your wedding flower poinsettias and red ribbons. You can use it to decorate the church, the altar and the room that you are going to use for the party. Poinsettias can be also used as table centerpieces. You can place on the dinner tables gold and silver candles and pine cones, next to the beautiful plants. All this things can be the perfect table decorations if you use red and green table cloths. All the arrangements are screaming Christmas.
Another great idea is to place some Christmas trees in the room where you are going to have the wedding party. All your guests can place the wedding gifts under the Christmas trees for that extra special holiday look.
The bride’s bouquet should be done with green and red flowers, or maybe mistletoe, to keep the Christmas spirit. Mistletoe should be hanged over the brides and grooms dinner table and in other sports as well.
The wedding cake can have as ornaments gingerbread cookies, candlesticks or some other kind of sweets that you love to enjoy for Christmas.
Christmas wedding decorations are a fabulous idea because they can be much cheaper than other decorations. You can find fabulous things even in one dollar stores.11
The bride, the groom, or both of them are in the military and want to honor their country by having a military wedding. Things are not as easy as they seem…it is not enough to make the wedding theme military and that is it. There are certain procedures and rules that need to be taken in the account before the event.
- Usually the bride and groom need to reserve long before the wedding the chapel for the event: military chapels are not that many.
- They need to check with the Chaplin about the details of the ceremony. Military weddings are all about tradition so the couple needs to be very well informed.
- The couple needs to inform all guests how to dress for the event. Military guests will be wearing their uniforms.
- Very important! Military guests will be seated according to rank.
- Military brides can wear their uniform to the event or a bridal dress.
- Military grooms will cut the cake with their swords, if they posses such a weapon as part of their uniform.
- All military guests will wear their military decorations.
- The bride and groom don’t need to pay the military Chaplin.
The most known tradition in a military wedding is named the Arch of Sabers. After the ceremony the bride and groom will pass under an arch made by six or eight military men with their sabers with the blades held up. At a certain point the couple is stopped to pass by the sabers. The bride and groom need to kiss to have their path open by the military men. With this tradition the military wedding guests wish the happy couple a long, safe, happy life. Another tradition is for one of the military man to pat the bride with the saber as a welcome gesture in the military life.11